Dental Hygienist Renewal Instructions
In aligning with recent rule changes, upon renewal of your license, your expiration date will be staggered to a biennial renewal affecting licensees due to renew by 10/31/2018 and there after.
A system has been created in order to evenly distribute renewals to be moved to a two year license. Licensees selected for a one year renewal will pay the one year renewal fee. Licensees selected for a two year renewal will be required to pay the 2 year renewal fee.
If your renewal was updated to reflect a one year renewal, when you next renew your license in 2019, it will be for 2 years.
Renewal postcards will continue to be sent out 60 days prior to your expiration date to the mailing address provided.
Any questions should be directed to the Licensing division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have already created an account, Log on to your account, from the “Quick Start Menu” under “Its Time to Renew” click on “Select” next to your RDH license number and proceed through the online renewal application. After submitting your application, a copy of your application summary and online payment receipt will be emailed to you. Note: License expiration dates are updated on the TSBDE website the next business day and can be verified in the Licensee Search.
If you searched your license and notice it was not been updated the next business day, you may have one or more of the following deficiencies:
- Expired CPR – When asked whether you hold a current BLS CPR certification, you answered, “Yes” but provided information of an expired certification.
- Office of the Attorney General (OAG) Child Support hold
- Continuing Education (CE) Audit – You may have been selected to submit proof of the required number of continuing education hours. Please sign up https://portal.esslearning.com/tsbde
- Jurisprudence Assessment – For dentists and hygienists, the assessment is required once every four (4) years http://tsbde.texas.gov/licensing/jurisprudence-assessment/
- You may have answered “Yes” to working for a corporation but did not submit the corporate address information
If you have not used the Online Licensing System, you will need to create an online account before you renew. You will need the following:
- An active email account,
- Your License Number,
- Your Social Security Number,
- Your Date of Birth, and
- Your Zip Code.
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE! Allow sufficient time for delays if assistance is needed with the process!
Link to a list of Common Online Errors: Click here.
Having problems logging on/technical support: Click here. Allow 2-3 business days for a response and be sure to clearly explain the issue you are having.
If you have difficulty with making your processing your payment online contact Texas.gov (24 hours a day 7 days a week) toll free at 1-800-399-2969.