Requirements to Retire a License
- You must submit a Retirement Request Form. You may request to retire their license up to 60 days prior to their intended retirement date.
- Your request for retirement is subject to the license being current and in good standing. Once retirement status is granted, annual licensure fees and continuing education requirements are waived for the period the license is in retirement.
- Your prescription writing privileges with DEA may not be maintained during retired status.
- Any Anesthesia Permits issued to you will be removed from the license.
- While you are on retired status may not perform any activity regulated under the Texas Occupations Code.
- Your license will be retired on the retirement effective date you provide below. You will receive a letter in the mail confirming your license retirement.