The State Board of Dental Examiners will approve and certify any health organization or other organization qualified to contract with or employ dentists upon submission of an application meeting board rule 107.205 requirements.
Below is the current list of corporations that have been authorized by the TSBDE to hire dentists. In addition to the other requirements listed in board rule 107.205, these corporations have demonstrated to the board by written proof of one or more of the following:
- (i) organized and operated as a migrant, community or homeless health center under the authority of and in compliance with 42 United State Code §254 (b) or (c), or §256, or a federally qualified health center under 42 United States Code §1396d(1)(2)(B); OR
- (ii) written proof that the organization provides services at no fee or a reduced fee to underserved populations; OR
- (iii) written proof that the organization will hire dentists to staff a clinic that provides services primarily to persons having AIDS or the human immunodeficiency virus.
For purposes of this rule, the terms “reduced fee” and “underserved populations” have the following meanings:
- Reduced fee – a fee that is less than that charged by other dental service providers in the area for the same service; or, fees that are equal to or less than those provided by Medicaid for a service.
- Underserved populations – individuals whose income, or individuals from families earning income that is below the federal poverty guidelines as established by the federal government.