How to Retire your Hygienist License
Qualifications to Retire a License
- The holder of a valid and current Texas dental hygiene license may apply to have the license placed on retired status up to 30 days prior to their intended retirement date.
- Complete a Retirement Request Form.
Retirement Request Form for Dentists and Hygienists
- You must submit a Retirement Request Form. You may request to retire their license up to 30 days prior to their intended retirement date.
- Your request for retirement is subject to the license being current and in good standing. Once retirement status is granted, annual licensure fees and continuing education requirements are waived for the period the license is in retirement.
- While you are on retired status may not perform any activity regulated under the Texas Occupations Code.
- Your license will be retired on the retirement effective date you provide below. You will receive a letter in the mail confirming your license retirement.
- Disciplinary Action or Complaints. The Board shall deny a request to place a license on retired status if there are any current or pending complaints or disciplinary action against the license holder.
- Renewal Fees. Licensure fees are waived for the period the license is in retirement.
- Continuing Education. Continuing Education is waived during the period the license is in retirement.
- Confirmation of Retirement. The TSBDE will mail a letter to the licensee confirming the license has been officially retired.