“Active Duty Military” and “Military Service Member” mean a person who is currently serving in the armed forces of the United States, in reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, including the National Guard, or in the state military service of any state.

“Military Spouse” means a person who is married to a military service member who is currently on active duty.

“Military Veteran” means a person who has served in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard of the United States, or in an auxiliary service of one of those branches of the armed forces.

License Requirements and Fees

Depending on the method of licensure, applicants using their military credentials to apply for licensure are required to meet licensure requirements.

Military Active Duty, Veterans and Active Duty Military Spouses applying using their military credentials are not required to pay the application fee. However, military applicants may not apply online and will need to submit a paper application and select the method of licensure by which they are applying.  They are also required to provide proof of military status which would include Military Change of Station Orders, Military I.D. Card, or a document showing Honorable or General Discharge.

Methods of Licensure include the following (you may follow the links below to the respective license types):