The TSBDE now has a new way for you to change your name online! Follow the instructions below if you would like to update your information.
Please click on this link to navigate to the virtual system then follow the instructions below:
- Login with User ID (email) and Password.
- From the Quick Start Menu → under, “Manage your license information” you will need to choose your application. Select from the drop down menu, “Name Change (Online Trx)” and then click on “SELECT” to be taken to the Introduction page to proceed.
- You will have the option to update your public address, home, and work addresses. Next, you will be taken to the Legal Name Change tab, there you will need to enter your First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name of how you would like your name to appear. Note: Copy of the legal documentation must be submitted in order for the name change to be approved. Incomplete submissions or documentation that is not legible will not be processed. Acceptable documentation includes any of the following:
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Decree – 1st page, page with the name change, and the last page with the certification stamp.
- Court Order which states the change of name
- Other (driver’s license, US issued passport)
- After you have entered your changes, an application summary will be available for review, if you are satisfied with the information entered then you may proceed to upload the required documentation to support the name change.
- Upon submission of the online name change request, the application will be processed within 7-10 business days.
- TSBDE no longer issues renewal certificates; you may then print your updated renewal certificate using the E-Print link: https://tsbde.texas.gov/printcert/.
If you do not see your license/registration, click the link titled, “Add License to Registration,” on the left hand side of the page and follow the instructions. If you get an error message that reads, “Entity already exists under another user ID,” this means your license is associated with another log in or email address. Please follow this link, https://licsys.hpc.texas.gov/contact/, for assistance and in the subject line enter “ENTITY ALREADY EXISTS.” In the body of the email include: Full Name, Profession, License Number, and email address that you want your license(s) to be under.
If you are having trouble with the online system, you may download the name change request form below and send it to the TSBDE along with the required documentation for processing.
Name Change Request Form for Dentists and Registered Dental Hygienists